GoPro Hero 5 – The perfect partner for any skier or snowboarder to capture their trip. Pair this with ski accessories to mount to your board or helmet. And this year you will be able to buy a Thule rucksack to hold and deploy your cam.
Cam price £349
Biscuiteers Apres Ski Biscuit Tin – Christmas wouldn’t be the Christmas without a yummy tin of biscuits and these ski-themed are the perfect option. RRP £39.50
Ray Ban Mirrored Aviator – The essential companion to master your Instagram ski shots RRP £140
Lo & Sons OG Bag – The perfect carry on to designed with the frequent traveller in mind, to take on your ski adventure. RRP £240
One Piece Lusekofte Onesie – Inspired by a traditional 19th century Norwegian knitted sweater called Lusekofte, these cute jumpsuits are perfect for slipping into after a day of skiing.RRP £13
We Are Travel Girls Luggage Tag – Join a community of travel-loving girls around the world and identify your luggage with this light pink tag, Cost £16.
- Harrod’s Fur Pom Pom Hat – A fashion lover’s essential ski item, a luxe pom pom hat. £195 to £225.
Smith ChromaPop Women’s Snow Goggles – Stylish and functional, women-specific fit with superb optics, including 2 swappable lenses that let you adapt your vision to varying light. RRP £225
Nitro Fate Trüe Women’s Snowboard – This lightweight do-it-all snowboard will allow you to conquer the entire mountain with picture perfect style and confidence. Prices vary.
Phenix Rose Down Waterproof Ski Jacket – A zip-off hood with removable faux-fur trim adds warmth and a style, down insulation holds in heat, perfect for that next powder day! Cost £321.
Girls give their Top 10 ski resorts – and why
- Queenstown, New Zealand – The perfect adventure lovers ski and snowboard spot, just 20 minutes from town. Tire of the slopes, and you get plenty to adrenaline activities off the mountain, inlcluding white water rafting, bungee jumping and jetboat rides.
- Zermatt, Switzerland – set with incredible views of the Matterhorn, Zermatt is a great resort for an experienced skier. Narrow cattle runs challenge your skills and abilities, and you will find fewer snowboarders on the slopes. As one of the more expensive ski options, be prepared to spend more getting here and whilst at the resort which is oriented to luxury travellers. Hotel rates are in the hundreds – of £££s
- Obertauern, Austria – Choose Obertauren if you are looking for a cheaper ski resort, with plenty of apres-ski and a variety of slopes to suit all abilities. An hour from Salzburg, Obertauern is actually shaped like a bowl and enjoys 360 degree views of the mountains.
- Meribel, France – The French Alps are a British ski and snowboard favourite. Of the resort options here, Meribel, is a great choice if you are looking for a fun ski resort to party after a day on the 3V’s slopes in Trois Vallees
- Park City, Utah – Plan your trip to Park City at the time of the Sundance Film Festival in January. The small city is alive with activity, so you can spend your days on the wide open slopes, perfect for beginners and your evenings at the movies and after-parties happening all over town. Stay at Westgate Park City for a 5 minute walk to the lifts!
- Northstar at Lake Tahoe, California – Set on beautiful Lake Tahoe, on the California/Nevada border, Northstar offers a vast array of green and blue runs making it perfect for learning how to ski or snowboard. Great place for a family vacation with a great ski school!
- Mammoth Mountain, California – Just over six hours ride from LA, Mammoth is one of the most accessible mountains in California, making it easy to hop in the car with your girlfriends and go for a long weekend getaway. This massive resort offers 2,500 acres of skiable terrain with 28 lifts, as well as tons of affordable ski chalet options.
- Courchevel, France -THE ultimate luxury ski destination! Europeans know how to do?Après-ski right and Courchevel does it the best, offering extravagant lunch parties, five-star resorts and world class dinning options. But it’s not all about the partying here. The French Alps offer extraordinary skiing, and the perfect destination for a fun ski weekend with your girlfriends.
- Vail, Colorado – Vail sets the standard for ski resorts in North America. Established more than 50 years ago, Vail offers skiing, and five-star accommodations, attracting celebrities from around the globe.
- Squaw Valley Ski Resort – Located in Olympic Valley, California, Squaw is one of the largest ski areas in the United States, and hosted the 1960 Winter Olympics. Squaw is the perfect destination for women looking to fine tune their skills as this mountain offers beginning and advanced snowboard parks, perfect for learning how to jump jumps or how to ride boxes and rails. In spring season the pool at midway is open, so you can enjoy cocktails poolside at the bar, surrounded by snow!